weere on the ice Thursday morning in the B-event | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Mar 17 '18
Ross Fisher feels that there are a lot of chances for the players on the Baltusrol course - if they can drive the ball well. Nelson Cruz Jersey . The Englishman had an impressive first round at the 98th PGA Championship, reaching the clubhouse four under par after hitting five birdies in a round of 66 on Thursday.I played really solid, he told Sky Sports. I kept it on the fairway pretty much all day - from memory, maybe the 18th was one of the few fairways I missed. So I was in a good spot and able to lay it up, definitely if you drive it well around here you can give yourself a lot of chances.But having said that, the greens are quite undulating and theyre in some tricky spots so you really need to put the ball in position off the tee to allow yourself to attack these flags. Ross Fisher made five birdies in his round of 66 Five of the last six major winners have been first-time champions and Fisher believes that the quality is such that nobody can be ruled out.It would be nice to make it six out of seven, wouldnt it? he added. The standard across the board now is getting - the variety of good golfers is amazing. It feels like anyone can turn up on any given way, pick it up and win.Im coming here believing my game is good enough to win. Ive got off to a great start, but Im not going to sit back on that. Theres still a long, long way to go.Fishers fellow Englishman Andy Sullivan also enjoyed a productive opening round, finishing a shot back on three under. Sullivans 67 included four birdies on the front nine, five in total, and he was thrilled with his showing in sweltering conditions.Im buzzing with that start, he said. Ive been playing really well leading up to the tournament, so its just nice to keep the form and momentum going.It was a great atmosphere out there, the fans were making loads of noise and it was nice to be playing in the group behind Rory (McIlroy), Jason (Day) and Phil (Mickelson), because you could get a good view of the crowds.It was a bit of a struggle at times in the heat, especially down the stretch there, so Im happy to get finished and enjoy some nice air conditioning.It was seriously hot and humid even first thing this morning, so I was seriously melting out there. But Id take this over the cold and wet we had at The Open any day, so I wont complain.Meanwhile, Chris Wood expressed his relief after going round in 69. The 28-year-old old was forced to retire after just 12 holes at The Open with a neck injury but came through unscathed in New Jersey. Chris Wood got through his round following a recent neck injury It was a huge relief to be able to play pain-free after three and a half weeks of not being able to move my neck, the BMW PGA Championship winner said.The longest shot Id hit before this week was a 100-yard pitch on Sunday so when I arrived, I still didnt know whether or not Id be able to hit a driver, which was a bit worrying.It was so bad at The Open; I know I played 12 holes but maybe I should count it as six because every swing was a half swing and I was carrying my driver 190 yards. Paul Casey finished under par despite two double bogeys on the front nine Lee Westwood and Paul Casey also shot one under rounds of 69 to stay in contention, with the former aided by an eagle three on the 18th.Casey, meanwhile, shot an impressive 33 on the back nine but was hindered by two double bogeys - at the first and the fifth.Watch the PGA Championship throughout the week live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf. Live coverage of the second round begins from 6pm on Friday.  Or watch from £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Also See: PGA Championship leaderboard Putting misery for McIlroy Walker sets the early pace Second round tee times Jarrod Dyson Jersey . 1 goaltender tonight when they conclude a four-game road trip versus the Winnipeg Jets. Ichiro Suzuki Jersey . In an interview with La Presse this week, the five-time Stanley Cup champion and three-time NHL scoring leader specifically took aim at wingers Thomas Vanek and Max Pacioretty, saying they cant show up in a 7-4 win over the New York Rangers in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final and come up empty in Game 6.KITCHENER, Ont. -- Crystal Webster avoided elimination at the 2013 Capital One Road to the Roar Olympic pre-trial curling tournament with an 8-5 win over Amber Holland on Thursday. Websters Calgary rink took control from the start of the C-event game. She took a 4-2 lead in the fourth end when Hollands soft tap-back attempt wrecked on a guard, leaving an open draw for two points. A single in the ninth end was too little too late for Reginas Holland, who was eliminated from competition after suffering her third loss. "We knew we had to play better today," said Webster, referring to the teams two previous losses. "We played miles better than we have the two previous games. We loved the ice today, so that made us feel so much better." Webster credits third Cathy Overton-Clapham for bringing some much-needed experience to a team that has yet to compete at the international level. "We thought, in an Olympic year, it would be great to bring that experience on to our team," she said. "And were still learning from each other of course. Weve tried to play as much as could leading up the Pre-Trials, but we are getting better, and Im really enjoying having her experience next to me out there." Four other womens teams weere on the ice Thursday morning in the B-event. Yonder Alonso Jersey. . Edmontons Val Sweeting traded ends with Krista McCarville of Thunder Bay, Ont., in a close game that was decided on last rock. Tied 7-7 heading into the tenth, Sweeting needed only a single for the 8-7 win. In the only other B-event womens game, Tracy Horgan of Sudbury, Ont., gave up a steal in the first end, then never looked back, forcing Calgarys Shannon Kleibrink to chase her in a 10-7 victory. Horgan applied pressure early on the 2006 Olympic bronze-medallist, scoring three in the third and following up with a steal of three. In the fifth, Horgans precision double resulted in a two more points and an 8-3 lead. Kleibrink fought back with a steal of one in the ninth, but it wasnt enough, and Horgan notched up another win. In the only mens game of the morning draw, Steve Laycock broke it open with three points in the final end to earn a 6-3 B-event win over Jake Higgs of Glencoe, Ont. Kleibrink, McCarville and Higgs now move to the C-event of the triple-elimination tournament and will be ousted with one more loss. The teams are fighting for the last four berths -- two men and two women -- at next months Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings Canadian Curling Trials in Winnipeg. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo